On 10/31/2010 10:27 AM, Richard Heck wrote:
On 10/30/2010 11:24 AM, Anand Rangarajan wrote:
Sorry if this has come up previously but I've encountered a problem with lyx equation labels (lyx-1.6.7 on linux x86_64). When I use the label 'x=1' for an equation, lyx changes it to 'x=00003D1'. If I edit and save the lyx file in emacs, then the next time lyx opens the file, the label appears as 'x=1'. However, after editing and writing the file in lyx, the label reverts back to 'x=00003D1'.

I have not tested lyx-2.0 <alpha> to see if the bug appears there as well.

This isn't a bug. LyX escapes the '=', because it uses '=' as an escape when there is Unicode in the label. And '=' is 3D in the ascii table.

That makes sense from a lyx developer's perspective. However, this implies that users should not use '=' in an equation label - like I just did - because the label may change in unexpected ways upon saving. Is there a list of symbols that behave similarly - as in they expand out in unusual ways (from the point of view of the end user)?

Anand

Richard