On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Jose Abilio Oliveira Matos wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 05:42:31PM +0900, R. Lahaye wrote:

> > Well, if "Figures" are called "Graphics", then my change my be of no
> > good. But then "Insert->Floats->Figure" and "Insert->Floats->Wide Figure"
> > should be renamed to "Graphics" and "Wide Graphics". Don't you think?

No!

>   I don't have any formed opinion for this. But at least it look coherent. :-)

No wonder I didn't see many responses to your original article - the
Subject changed. I beg you to look in the lyx-devel archives for my
original renaming proposal. I actually did think about this for more than
a few microseconds, and there was a method to my renaming madness. There
are very specific definitions of the things we currently (incorrectly)
call figures, figure floats, etc. Please find the original thread. (Search
on Insert-Graphic.)

Mike

--
Mike Ressler