Peter Kümmel wrote:

> In another project I saw speed improvements just
> by enabling C++11 (I assume mainly because of the
> move semantic).

Yes, I guess we all agree that C++11 brings many improvements.

> I would even support MSVC only for developers and do the
> release with MinGW, would simplify compiling all the
> dependencies a lot.

And if we can create the installer under wine, then we could setup an
automatic build for windows and linux on the same machine. That would be
cool!

BTW, I wanted to try the cross-compiling myself for several montsh now,
because I am curious, but did not find the time up to now.

Georg