On 11/08/2015 11:16 AM, Georg Baum wrote:
Richard Heck wrote:

On 11/07/2015 12:36 AM, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
Is it really a file format change? If we do not change the physical
appearance of the file format, and if we do not change the document
output of a certain file, is it then still forbidden to change in a
minor release?

Yes, it is a file format change. It means (say) that 2.2.2 files throw
errors when they are read with 2.2.1.
If I understood Vincent correctly then it would not be a file format change
IMHO:

As I understood it, he referred to the suggestion that the "track changes"
button would be decoupled from \track_changes in the file: \track_changes would set the
state of the button on opening a document, but changing the change tracking status would
not write back anything to the file. There would be a separate lfun for setting the
default in the file.

In this case, the file syntax would be kept, but the meaning of \track_changes
would change a bit. After thinking a bit about this suggestion I believe it
could be a good compromise for everybody, and I would not treat this as a file
format change.

Yes, sorry, I may have misunderstood.

Richard