On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 12:06:07AM +0100, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Am 17.11.2015 um 02:34 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
>
> >>http://ftp.lyx.de/LyX%202.2.0-alpha-1/
> >
> >Thanks. What is LyXPackageComplete220-alpha1.zip and should it be
> >uploaded to the FTP?
>
> It should not be uploaded. it is the source code of the installer. Unzip it
> and you can build the installer by your own.
>
> >For 2.1.0beta1, only the Installer and the Complete were uploaded, but not
> >the bundle:
> >ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.1/lyx-2.1.0beta1/
>
> I propose only to upload the only the Installer. The bundle is for new users
> (installs also MiKTeX) and pre-releases are not for new users.

Sounds like a good plan to me. So for pre-releases, I will upload the
installer and I will not upload the bundle or the source code. And for
the final release, I will upload the installer and the bundle (but still
not the source code).

What about RC? Should we upload the bundle for RC?

> I compiled using Qt 4.8.7.

OK good to know.

One last question before I upload: could you please send by email the
MD5 sums of the files that I should upload (so in this case it will be
just the MD5 sum for the installer but for the final release I will also
want the MD5 sum for the bundle)? I'm sorry for this extra step, which I
don't think you had to do before, but I would feel much more confident
that your upload to FTP was not corrupted and my download from your FTP
was not corrupted.

Ideally, you would create a PGP key and you would sign the files that
you upload. This is easy to do. It does take some time for the initial
set up but after that it is very quick. If you happen to be interested
in doing this (as opposed to sending the MD5 sums), please let us know
and we would be happy to help get you set up.

Thanks,

Scott