Le 29/03/2016 22:47, Georg Baum a écrit :
This is your choice anyway. But then you'll have to cope with the
windows specific bugs that we may have, with fewer hints about what goes
wrong.

IMHO this is not the choice of Uwe alone. The windows installer is provided
under the name of the LyX project, as the official windows build, and not as
a third party contribution. Therefore, if the installer contains a buggy
build, it will damage the reputation of the LyX project. To avoid
misunderstandings: I do not say that Uwe did not test thoroughly, or that
the build _is_ buggy, but experience tells that there is a certain risk that
it _might_ be buggy if only one person did test.

I get your point. Anyway I still think there would be value in compiling LyX on windows with several Qt and compilers. The fact that we do that in Linux has been very useful IMO.