Le 26/05/2016 07:45, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
Le 25/05/2016 19:11, Jürgen Spitzmüller a écrit :
Thanks to everyone for all the help with the final steps in the
release
process.

Congratulations. And thanks for the excellent management job, Scott.

Indeed. You did it much more thoroughly than I would have been able to.

+1

Time to think about the release date of 2.3.0 now ;)

Yes, let's have this discussion :)

I find the interval between feature releases too high. Having an
interval longer than one year (more than two for 2.2) means that some
features are left untested for more than a year, as we saw for some bug
fixes for 2.2.

Changes should be tested more regularly, not all at once every two
years. So one could have a fixed release interval of one year. Meeting
the deadline would be more important than being full of features.

The schedule could be decided in advance, and be on the website for clarity.

One could branch at feature and string freeze, between alpha and beta.
This avoids having a master branch closed for so long.

All the above suggestions are compatible with the numbering system
described at http://www.lyx.org/VersioningSystem.

In addition I would suggest the following: (Officially) allow new
features that do not require a file format change into minor releases.

The main reason is again that this allows testing more regularly. For
instance, in my case, I can use a development version in my work, but
only if the file format is the same.

Guillaume