On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 10:26:57PM +0200, Georg Baum wrote:
> Guillaume Munch wrote:

> - Have a build server that does automatic builds on a regular basis for all
> three platforms (Linux, OS X, windows) and makes binary packages and build
> logs available.

This would be a great way to get feedback from users early so we could
be confident there are not regressions. This could also reduce the time
between e.g. alpha and beta. It seems that there are often a lot of bugs
reported by Windows and Mac users for alpha. It would also be a way for
many LyX users to get involved and help. Here is a recent article
detailing additional benefits:
https://www.chevrel.org/carnet/?post/2016/05/19/Let-s-give-Firefox-Nightly-some-love

Scott