Dear all,

The following email thread (3 years ago) suggests that we would like to
move to one official build system in the long-run across all platforms,
but that there were barriers to using CMake:
http://marc.info/?i=kmrd28$e1k$1%20()%20ger%20!%20gmane%20!%20org

Have those issues been resolved?

Is the opinion among currently active LyX developers also that we would
like to move to CMake as the official build system?

Is CMake currently used for our official builds on Mac and Win?

I don't know much about build systems and I don't have a strong opinion
on this. I just start this conversation now because of:

(1) the recent discussion about making the release process easier/faster
(2) it seems like a conversation that should be had at the beginning of
a major release cycle

From what I understand, most developers on Linux use autotools. I can't
tell if this is because that is what most developers have experience
with or if it is because autotools has other advantages.

Scott