On 06/03/2016 11:37 AM, José Abílio Matos wrote:
> On Friday, June 3, 2016 1:16:04 AM WEST Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>> From what I understand, most developers on Linux use autotools. I can't
>> tell if this is because that is what most developers have experience
>> with or if it is because autotools has other advantages.
>>
>> Scott
> In my case I use autotools by default because that it is what I am used to. I
> do not have any particular attachment to autotools (or cmake).

Same here. I am used to autotools, so I use it.

I guess maybe there is a question worth discussing here about how many
of us understand cmake well enough to modify the build scripts when that
needs doing. My sense is that the answer is "one", whereas at least two
people (JMarc and Georg, maybe others) can do this for autotools.

Richard