Den 20. juni 2016 17:34, skrev Richard Heck:
At the moment, it is possible to effect a layout change inside almost
all of our character styles. So far as I can see, this is almost always
a bug. One does not want, e.g., to be able to switch to an enumeration
inside the Code character style. So I propose the following simple patch:

Why do we generally not want to change paragraph style just because some char style is in effect?

I might use a charstyle to set large amounts (several paragraphs or an entire chapter) in a different color. I may still want headings & enumerations inside of that!

It can perhaps be argued that I ought to use a paragraph style for this, and nest the other stuff inside. Currently, that is more cumbersome – especially the creation of a custom paragraph style.

Please be very careful about introducing functional limitations. The people who apply a layout change by mistake, can use the excellent "undo" facility.

Helge Hafting