Am 25.10.2016 um 00:35 schrieb LyX Ticket Tracker <t...@lyx.org>:

> #10436: RTL characters protrude over inset box
> -------------------------------+----------------------------
> Reporter:  uwestoehr          |       Owner:  skostysh
>     Type:  defect             |      Status:  fixedinmaster
>
> Comment (by uwestoehr):
>
>> what do you want me to do for 2.2.x?
>
> My opinion is that this should go to 2.2.3 to make LyX usable again for
> Farsi and Arabic. As Stephan tested, the patch did not change the behavior
> on Qt 4 or Qt 5 on Mac. From the Windows side I can confirm that it works
> and I played now a lot with Bidi.

One question not related to drawing issues: I’ve noticed the Arrow-Left
key moves to the left (forward in text). But, Fn-Arrow-Left (Home) moves
to the right. Of course „Home“ is the begin of the line but this is not
obvious to me. I’m not sure if the same happens with an Arabic keyboard.

Question: is there something to do with key mapping and/or binding for RTL?

Stephan