On 19 January 2017 at 20:57, Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org> wrote:

> If you want test cmake as well you can, but please run autotools, I am
> going to debug
> primarily that.

I actually wanted to test building with Qt5, but I couldn't (easily) get it
to work with autotools...
I assume I'm either missing some dependencies or I'm not using correct
arguments to e.g. ./configure.

> > #!/bin/sh
> > # Change directory to folder with cloned LyX repository
> > cd "$1"
>
> Good way how test autotools is eg. this:
>
> git reset --hard && git clean -xdf && ./autogen.sh &&
> ./configure &&
> make &&
> make check &&
> make distcheck &&
> echo "GOOD"
>
> If you use clean checkout already you can omit the git part.

I've added the above to another build script

https://github.com/DrChr/build-lyx-using-ubuntu-xenial-qt4-autotools/blob/master/build_lyx_extended.sh

I've then created another CI job that uses this script for the build step:

https://ci.inria.fr/lyx/job/build-master-head/job/ubuntu-xenial-qt4-autotools-extended/

However, I expect that this job will fail like before, but at least the job
is setup.
With e-mail notifications, so there should be an e-mail in a while
regarding this..

> This will build LyX and only then do 'make package_source'.  Anything else
> > that should be in there?
>
> This will test compilation, making tarballs, compiling, installing,
> uninstalling
> from tarballs.

Ok.... it'll be really good if we all of that to be tested automatically.

> Another things which we could try in next round is monolithic build and
> it maybe easy wit this machinery to update our web:
> - translations statistics
> - doxygen docs
> - contributions
> ?

Generating doxygen docs should be easy. If someone can give me the
dependencies and the commands to execute, I can set up such a job.

/Christian