On 2017-02-14, Kornel Benko wrote:

> [-- Type: text/plain, Encoding: 7bit --]

> To reproduce (with lyx2.3)
> 1.) Open 'autotests/export/latex/languagenesting2.lyx'
> 2.) Document->Settings...->Fonts->Use non-Tex fonts
> 3.) View other formats->View PDF(luatex)

> Plenty errors with
> ! LaTeX Error: Command \textquotedbl unavailable in encoding TU.

I had a similar problem with XeTeX.

It seems that since a recent TeXLive update, \textquotedbl is no longer
supported with the TU font encoding (Xe/LuaTeX and Unicode fonts).

Test

from autotests/export/latex/languagenesting2.lyx:

• No problem with normal text: (literal Unicode)

  “push” citations to LyX.

• problem with LyX-code:
  Character '"' (0x22) QUOTATION MARK) converted to \textquotedbl

  LYXPIPE="/path/to/lyxpipe"

• problem with Character '"' QUOTATION MARK
  if inserted via copy-paste: converted to \textquotedbl.

We convert " to \textquotedbl also for Unicode fonts, as it is active with
babel-shortcuts.

It seems we need to define \textquotedbl until the issue is fixed upstream.

Currently, it seems not widely recognized, at least a Google search did not
show any occurences of "\textquotedbl unavailable in encoding TU."

Günter