On 18 February 2017 at 09:18, Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org> wrote:

> server, so
>
> I see. If you have way how atomatize run and transfer result to lyx.org
> once a month
> that would be nice.

Here's one (pretty crude) way to do it:

- The CI job each Monday checks if the LyX repository has changed since
last Monday.
  (I just changed to Mondays, was once a day before)

- The CI job triggers if the repo has changed and builds the docs,
resulting in:

https://ci.inria.fr/lyx/job/build-master-head/job/make-lyx-doxygen-docs/ws/sourcedoc/html.tar.gz

- A cron job on the LyX server executes a script on Tuesdays that
  - Wgets the html.tar.gz
  - Checks if new archive is different from previous,
  - and also if the size of the new archive is greater than some minimum
threshold,
    (to detect if a failed empty archive was generated)
  - and then extracts the doxygen files to .... ?

This is basically where it's stopped right now. Suggestion for URL for the
docs on the server?
   http://www.lyx.org/sourcedoc/index.html   ?

> Do I understand correctly that we do make distcheck everyday with
> triggered error mail forwarded to dev list now?

Yes, except it's up to three times a day.

The details. This CI  job:

https://ci.inria.fr/lyx/job/build-master-head/job/ubuntu-xenial-qt4-autotools-extended/
polls the LyX repo every eight hours and if the repo has changed, it
executes

https://github.com/DrChr/build-lyx-using-ubuntu-xenial-qt4-autotools/blob/master/build/build_lyx_extended.sh
which does end with
   make distcheck

If the CI job fails, the CI job is configured to send an e-mail to:
lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org

It might be prudent to fail a build on purpose, to check that the list
actually (still) receives such e-mails.
However, there's also an RSS feed I'm subscribed to in my news reader, e.g.
this:
   RSS for all <https://ci.inria.fr/lyx/job/build-master-head/rssAll>

The CI job has built 62 times.

There's also a cmake-based CI job, but it's generating empty source
archives although it otherwise builds.
/Christian