On Sunday, 19 March 2017 19.58.08 WET Enrico Forestieri wrote:
> commit 72a488d7e6b56432263c80dd92cd6acc565e03a7
> Author: Enrico Forestieri <for...@lyx.org>
> Date:   Sun Mar 19 20:50:34 2017 +0100
>
>     Fix output of en- and em-dashes with TeX fonts
>
>     This commit fixes the regression introduced in 2.2 about the
>     output of en- and em-dashes. In 2.2 en- and em-dashes are output as
>     the \textendash and \textemdash macros when using TeX fonts, causing
>     changed output in old documents and also bugs (for example, #10490).
>
>     Now documents produced with older versions work again as intended,
>     while documents produced with 2.2 can be made to produce the exact
>     same output by simply checking "Don't use ligatures for en-and
>     em-dashes" in Document->Settings->Fonts.
>
>     When exporting documents using TeX fonts to earlier versions, in order
>     to avoid changed output, a zero-width space character is inserted after
>     each en/em-dash if dash ligatures are allowed. These characters are
>     removed when reloading  documents with 2.3, so that they don't
> accumulate.

For this changes I would expect for \use_dash_ligatures to be referred in the
FORMATS since this is a new header that does not exists before.

At the same time I would expect for this header to be set every new documents,
either to be true or false depending on the file content. Or as you describe
depending on the initial starting file format.

We want that as much as possible the result of a lyx2lyx file conversion to be
equal to the same content read and exported by lyx without any further changes

Regards,
--
José Abílio