On 17/04/2017 23:35, Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:
-) or flush lyxerr on signal, and shutdown with that signal.

in the end, it seems to me that the best is to close the application with:

  kill -SIGQUIT

So, I removed the sleep(0.5) before kill -9, and that way tests fail.
However, turning the signal to a -SIGQUIT seems to work just fine, in that
tests succeed as expected, because in the signal handler + exit path we seem to
do the right thing (LyX.cpp). If LyX is stuck in any dialog, the signal would
still do the right thing, whilst LFUNs / minibuf commands / C-q et al. wouldn't
work.

So, I'd be in favor of using -SIGQUIT immediately on "TestEnd" in keytest.py, falling
back to "kill -9" if LyX doesn't quit within .... 0.5 secs ?
(without adding the \Ax work-around in test cases, that should not bee needed
anymore).

Would u see problems ?

        T.