On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 05:31:41PM -0400, Jack Sankey wrote:
> Sure, feel free to add me. I'm happy to help when I can, though, while my
> passion is reporting LyX bugs, I have a time-consuming side-job (pre-tenure
> physics professor) that pays the bills. ;) It took half a year to post this
> bug, and a few weeks after I noticed the \propto issue.

Fair enough. I'll add you but I will remember that you have many other
things on your plate. Thanks!

Another Mint user has posted on the bug report so hopefully we can
compare your set up (e.g. fonts) to theirs and figure out the root
problem.

Scott

P.S. let's keep everything on trac instead of the mailing list so we
don't fragment the discussion.