> Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. April 2017 um 10:56 Uhr
> Von: "Jean-Marc Lasgouttes" <lasgout...@lyx.org>
>
> I looked a bit at it and it seems that at least Arabic documents use
> left numbering by default and that it is right side that might have to
> be specified (I did not have good hebrew fonts at hand, so I did not test).

I played yesterday with Arabic documents and with the default settings I get
with pdflatex, and XeTeX the number at the right side. Only if one uses leqno
as document class option I get it in the left side. Could you please send me
your Arabic testfile to check?

> To this end, ams* packages support the reqno option. So it seems that
> there are 3 states: force left, auto and force right. You should take
> this in account in the UI.

Interesting. I never heard from reqno before. But this requires the amsmath
package to be loaded while leqno is available for all document classes. So this
needs some more investigation.

I cannot find Hatim's physics book that he recently published. I want to see
how the numbering is in his book because is a native speaker and teacher so I
assume he will use the default numbering.

thanks and regards
Uwe