Le 25/04/2017 à 03:03, Uwe Stöhr a écrit :
El 23.04.2017 a las 01:25, Uwe Stöhr escribió:

Thanks for having a look. That is a good point. I will rename it
according to your proposal.

This was not necessary because leqno numbers also in Arabic documents at
the left side because the default is the right side.
I chase anyway the name "math_number_before".

I looked a bit at it and it seems that at least Arabic documents use left numbering by default and that it is right side that might have to be specified (I did not have good hebrew fonts at hand, so I did not test).

To this end, ams* packages support the reqno option. So it seems that there are 3 states: force left, auto and force right. You should take this in account in the UI.

Another solution is to keep the before/after naming and to output
* after: nothing, this is the default
* before : output leqno for RtL language and reqno for RtL language. The latter might require amsmath, though.