On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 03:25:42AM +0200, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
> commit 3bc08a76c42cd350a3141f00f37082bc9fab8967
> Author: Enrico Forestieri <for...@lyx.org>
> Date:   Sat Sep 24 03:15:02 2016 +0200
>
>     Sort the language nesting mess with polyglossia
>
>     When using polyglossia, lyx was making a real mess when changing
>     language inside nested insets. The \begin{language} and
>     \end{language} commands were not well paired such that they could
>     easily occur just before and after the start or end of an
>     environment. Of course this was causing latex errors such that
>     "\begin{otherlanguage} ended by \end{environment}".
>     There may still be some cases I did not take into account.

I think (if I did git bisect correctly) this commit caused a change in
LaTeX and PDF output that I would like to make sure is expected.

See the attached mwe.lyx file (in 2.2.x format). mwe_before.tex and
mwe_before.pdf are the outputs before this commit, and mwe_after.tex and
mwe_after.pdf are the outputs after this commit.

Note the differences in vertical spacing around "point2".

The only difference in the .tex files is that after this commit there is
no empty line after the \vspace command.

Is this change desired?

Scott
#LyX 2.2 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 508
\begin_document
\begin_header
\save_transient_properties true
\origin unavailable
\textclass beamer
\use_default_options true
\maintain_unincluded_children false
\language english
\language_package default
\inputencoding auto
\fontencoding global
\font_roman "default" "default"
\font_sans "default" "default"
\font_typewriter "default" "default"
\font_math "auto" "auto"
\font_default_family default
\use_non_tex_fonts false
\font_sc false
\font_osf false
\font_sf_scale 100 100
\font_tt_scale 100 100
\graphics default
\default_output_format default
\output_sync 0
\bibtex_command default
\index_command default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\use_hyperref false
\papersize default
\use_geometry true
\use_package amsmath 1
\use_package amssymb 1
\use_package cancel 1
\use_package esint 1
\use_package mathdots 1
\use_package mathtools 1
\use_package mhchem 1
\use_package stackrel 1
\use_package stmaryrd 1
\use_package undertilde 1
\cite_engine basic
\cite_engine_type default
\biblio_style plain
\use_bibtopic false
\use_indices false
\paperorientation portrait
\suppress_date false
\justification true
\use_refstyle 1
\index Index
\shortcut idx
\color #008000
\end_index
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation indent
\paragraph_indentation default
\quotes_language english
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle default
\tracking_changes false
\output_changes false
\html_math_output 0
\html_css_as_file 0
\html_be_strict false
\end_header

\begin_body

\begin_layout Frame
\begin_inset Argument 4
status open

\begin_layout Plain Layout
One more extension
\end_layout

\end_inset

\begin_inset Separator latexpar
\end_inset

\end_layout

\begin_deeper
\begin_layout Standard
A common theme in this presentation has been about how OLS is not good at...
 I propose...:
\begin_inset VSpace 0.5cm
\end_inset

\end_layout