On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Juergen Vigna wrote:

> On 06-Mar-2001 John Levon wrote:
> Well here some comments:
>
> -#\bind "M-f n"                 "buffer-open"
> +#\bind "M-f n"                 "file-open"
>
> Why did you have to do this? There are some lyx-server scripts using
> this command and I really don't see why we should change it's name?

I've already mentioned before, the reason is that is has changed functionality
in that it doesn't bring up a dialog if an argument is passed

> -#\bind "M-i i l"                       "file-insert-ascii line"
> -#\bind "M-i i p"                       "file-insert-ascii paragraph"
> +#\bind "M-i i l"                       "file-insert-ascii"
> +#\bind "M-i i p"                       "file-insert-ascii-para"
>
> Same again, why do you have to change this?

same here, they can take an argument now, not just "line" or "paragraph"

> Can't you just move the filedialog to GUII and let this stuff as it
> was?
>
>        Jürgen

I can keep the old name for file-open with silently changed functionality
since everyone wants it. How would I handle the ascii insert case ?

Can you just apply it as-is, and I'll work on changes on top please ?

john

--
"If one tells the truth, one is sure, sooner or later, to be found out."
        - Oscar Wilde