On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Angus Leeming wrote:

> Note though that LyXFunc still launches the fileDialog explicitly, rather
> than by emitting a signal in one "case" statement and receiving the result in
> another. Is this to stay as it is, or should it be slated for change too? Me,
> I'd vote to change to signals, so that the kernel really has NO idea about
> the frontend's existence.

Maybe it would be nicer like this (essentially just splitting MENUNEW into
two different lyxfuncs, one for given filename, one for not). Or do you mean something
else ?

I just went for minimal sensible change at first.

Anyway the "mask" interface needs changing at some point to get on well with
the KDE frontend.

The KDE dialog expects something like :

        "*.ps|PostScript documents (*.ps)\n*.png|PNG files (*.png)\n"

as a list of the globs with descriptions.

I'm not sure how to encode this functionality sensibly in the GUII interface yet,
but it's probably no big problem...

john

--
"If one tells the truth, one is sure, sooner or later, to be found out."
        - Oscar Wilde