Am 21.09.2017 um 09:50 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org>:

> > The current situation is not worse than 2.2.x, right? In other words,
> > there is no regression with regards to 2.2.x, but an argument could be
> > made that there is a regression (from the user perspective) with respect
> > to before we changed to SVG files. Did I get that correct?
>
> Yes, the problem is present since the change from PNG icons to SVG icons.
>
> Sorry if that has already been mentioned, but just to exclude this: the
> info-inset problem is not related to the following?
>
> http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9778
> http://www.lyx.org/trac/changeset/6bd5263405/lyxgit
>
> Because according to the comment in the commit, LyX should fall back to Qt's
> (inferior) SVG ramework if no SVG to PNG converter is available.

Yes, this is somehow related. But the mentioned fallback means LyX is able to
show the document with SVG on screen using internal Qt when converters are
missing and using the first detected converter otherwise. The hope is that the
external converter does a better job than Qt.

Without any converter you are unable to preview the document in PDF and print
it.

Stephan