On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 12:24:26PM +0200, Stephan Witt wrote:

> This is the solution I’d like to propose. It’s not tested on Linux and
> Windows.
>
> The idea is to add imgconvert as fallback-converter for SVG to PDF and PNG to
> PDF.
> At the moment it uses the Qt library routines for image processing. I’ll plan
> to investigate how to integrate libcairo for real vector graphics conversion.
>
> I’d like to hear your comments.

I think it is fine. However, I would avoid introducing 2 more converters
and instead I would modify convertDefault.py so that when imagemagick is
not installed the new imgconvert command is used.

In this way, whatever conversion between image formats supported by Qt
would succeed (without the need of new converter definitions).

--
Enrico