On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 7:14 PM, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:

> Am Samstag, den 30.12.2017, 10:46 +0100 schrieb Pavel Sanda:
> > > From what I understand, there is no new string that would be added.
> > > The
> > > question is just about the translations of the help documents. Is
> > > that
> > > right?
> >
> > Unfortunately no, there is another new string for prepending the
> > slide.
>
> Correct. And I've changed "Start New Environment" to "Append New
> Environment" (in order to differentiate append/prepend). If I'd move
> the items to Insert, I would also propose to change the wording (from
> "Edit > Prepend New Environment" and "Edit > Append New Environment" to
> "Insert > Separate Environment Above" and "Insert > Separate
> Environment Below")

One concern: the language used, while precise, isn't too self-descriptive
for a LaTeX / LyX novice.  My understanding is that part of the need for
precision stems from covering various environments (e.g. an inner enumerate
versus the outer frame).  Also, to a novice, I'm not sure that
"Environment" means much.  Instead of what's proposed by Jürgen, I'd
propose Insert > New <environment name> > Above / Below where there is an
additional level of nesting to the two choices, Above and Below.  The
environment name would be Frame, Enumerate, etc.  I also wonder if we need
to keep the designations of inner/outer/parent/etc.  Thoughts?

- Joel