On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 9:41 PM, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:

> Am Montag, den 01.01.2018, 11:52 +0100 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller:
> > Am Montag, den 01.01.2018, 05:01 -0500 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
> > > However, in the context menu we just have "Separated itemize
> > > above".
> > > Should we prepend an "insert" in the context menu?
> >
> > I don't think we know which menu we populate when passing the
> > strings.
>
> But we can add two versions. I did that now. I also added a menu
> separator, which makes the Insert menu look a bit more organized, IMHO.

I think the separators help reduce the need to "hunt" for the new items *a
lot*.

However, there are now five Insert menu "sections" (using Beamer) with only
the first two discernibly grouping items.  A question regarding the Insert
menu's organization: how are the non-expanding items ordered (i.e., the
four bottom sections) both as whole sections and for each item within the
section?

If there is no driving logic, should some be introduced at least for the
items in each section (alphabetical, etc.)?

Maybe a topic for a different email thread...?

Thanks,
Joel