On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 07:20:38PM +0000, racoon wrote:

> > Uwe and racoon, do you recommend going forward with the release? Why was
> > the above not a problem for rc2?
>
> My guess is that I did not have the virus scanner activated when installing
> rc2 but can't say for sure.

We've decided to delay the release.

racoon, I'm sorry to ask you to spend more time on this (especially now
that you have things working and probably do not want to change
anything), but would you be willing to uninstall 2.3.0 and see if you
can reproduce the issue with the 2.3.0rc2 installer (e.g. having the
virus scanner activated)? I'm curious in whether there is a difference
between 2.3.0rc2 and 2.3.0. I do not blame you if you do not want to
touch your working installation. You've already been so helpful in
testing.

Scott