On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 08:41:43PM +0000, racoon wrote:
> Yes, I can do it. But the earliest is tomorrow morning (so in about 10
> hours).
>
> Just to be sure: The virus scanner did not detect anything. And I left the
> scanner activated during the second, successful installation process. It is
> just that the scanner did not do a deep scan the second time around probably
> because the scanner was already familiar with the file or so.

Ah I see. I did not read carefully enough. In that case, since you
already installed rc2, the scanner would also be familiar with it. So
I no longer think it is worth the time to try to reproduce (unless
someone else does) with rc2.

It would be nice if we could find a way to reproduce with the 2.3.0
installer (so that we could perhaps find a solution). Do you know if the
scanner keeps temporary files somewhere?  Maybe if you restart your
computer, the temporary directory will be cleared, and the scanner will
re-scan if you install it again. Otherwise, is there a folder where
Windows typically caches files? Is this something that the virus scanner
might store in the registry? I would guess not, but I have no idea.

Thanks,

Scott