On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 11:48:43PM +0000, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Am 22.03.2018 um 06:34 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
>
> > Thank you for this detailed explanation. It's unfortunate that we have
> > this disagreement on what is best for the users, but I appreciate that
> > you have put a lot of thought into your decision and I know that you
> > care a lot about the users.
>
> Don't get me wrong. Of course I want to please as many people as possible.
> In this case I cannot please everybody. Therefore the focus is on the vast
> majority since experts can follow a hint in the announcement text of LyX
> 2.3.0.

I understand your argument. I disagree that adding a dialog would hurt
the vast majority more than it would help it (I explained my opinion
at [1]), but I appreciate the large amount of time that you've spent to
work on the Windows installer (I have already referred several users to
it and have received positive feedback that it is working well for
them), and to explain your point of view and decision.

Regards,

Scott

[1]
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=20180316161313.tya2qhypktblk43d%40steph