the former will, in my case use the Mac Monterey python 2.7, the latter
Homebrew's python 3.9.

greetings, el

On 2021-12-17 08:24 , Stephan Witt wrote:
Am 17.12.2021 um 06:57 schrieb Daniel <xraco...@gmx.de>:
On 2021-12-16 22:16, Stephan Witt wrote:
Am 16.12.2021 um 09:56 schrieb Murat Yildizoglu via lyx-users
<lyx-us...@lists.lyx.org>:
[...]
""LyX" needs to be updated
This app will not work with future versions of macOS and needs to
be updated to improve compatibility.  Contact the developer for
more information.”

[...]
that’s probably because of the LyX-2.3.6.2 package is pure Intel
code and the friendly OS wants to warn you about the fact the Apple
company is on the way to drop the support for the Intel CPUs.

Searching on the wen for the warning, I've only found evidence for
the warning being triggered by the python version.  What makes you
think that this is not the case?
[...]
I didn’t say it’s not the case.  I said it’s probably because of the
CPU architecture.  Maybe I’m wrong.

I remember to see the very same warning with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4
for programs using 32bit Intel CPU code.
[...]