On Tuesday, 28 December 2021 12.33.57 WET Stephan Witt wrote:
> The LyX tasks here are IMO:
> 1. Assure the detected python3 is used consequently. This is not the case
> ATM.
> 2. Document the meaning of the prompts the LyX user is seeing on
> Monterey.
> 3. Provide a working python3 or give appropriate feedback on
> first start about users option to install python3.
>
> AFAIK, José Abílio is working on a solution for 1. I’m able to help with the
> Mac part of the problem.

I am not working on 1, the issue that I am working is a bit different,
although related.

In the case of mac we can
What I suggest is to use by default the latest python version available in the
system.

As it is now we search for a python version and stick with it.
What I propose is to test the different versions available and pick the
latest.

Python 3 has been tested extensively and so it is ready to be the default
option.

> Regarding the point 3 - Apples recommendation to bundle python with LyX
> (49764202) - I’m not sure if this is a real option. The Windows package
> contains python, IMO. So it is possible. But is it clever? I don’t like the
> solution to point the user to homebrew or macports to install python. Too
> much terminal work, IMO.
>
> What do others think about the situation?

How do you deal with the latex installation in mac?

--
José Abílio