On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 07:12:35PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

> Comments?

>From my point of view, your comments on ERT are perhaps misleading. We
want to provide useful visual feedback for commonly used LaTeX/TeX
features - a really good example here would be short versions of
\section for TOC purposes.

We (or at least I) am not interested in chasing every nuance of TeX used
by TeXperts such as yourself - such power users are perfectly
comfortable writing in preambles, using ERT, etc. To make myself clear:
ERT will always be there.

What we want is good support for people like me who do not want to learn
LaTeX, but just want to produce a document, whilst allowing power users
to tweak to their heart's content.

regards
john

--
"It is unbecoming for young men to utter maxims."
        - Aristotle