On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 10:53:43AM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Kayvan> On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 04:57:16PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
> Kayvan> wrote:
> >>  Seeing how so many people are angry trying to install Kayvan's
> >> rpms, I think we really need to provide something compiled with gcc
> >> 2.96.
> >>
> >> If anybody can provide these rpms to me (built from the .src.rpm of
> >> the site), please send them to me. Ask Kayvan for details if you
> >> want to know how to make them.
> >>
> >> JMarc
>
> Kayvan> Should I just upgrade my buld compile host to gcc-2.96? Can't
> Kayvan> these people rebuild the RPM for their system?
>
> What would be nice is to have an rpm for some kind of vanilla rh 7.x.
> I fear that rh6.2+gcc2.96 is asking for trouble. If we assume that
> people can just rebuild their rpm (which is not so easy since they
> need to have all the -devel packages installed), I think we should
> just decide so and get rid of the rh62 rpms we have currently. They
> are probably too confusing for people.
>
> JMarc

That's fine. I will continue to provide them (and the src.rpm file) which
a few developers can use to rebuild better RPMs on the chosen-system-of-the-day.

You and Lars can decide what is the most relevant RPMs to put on the
ftp site.

Instead of getting rid of them, just rename them.

                        ---Kayvan

--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)