On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 02:15:53PM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:
> Don't I remember Matthias Ettrich saying something about this, way back when?

17 Nov 2000  plus/minus a few days.

> (In the course of that enormous thread a year or so ago that was initiated by
> John's discovery that Matthias and Kalle Dalheimer were playing with a Qt
> port of the GUI-I stuff.)
>
> As I recall it, he said "contact me and I'll arrange for some licences"...

I seem to remember the same but can't find it in my archives. There are a
few messages from that thread as well as a private mail I received from
Matthias though.

--------- snip --------
M.E.:
Enough ranting for now. You know my opinion, I know yours. I don't understand
it and I think it's pretty bogus, but I can accept it. In case you change
your mind, I'll be happy to offer Qt and KDE support to a certain agree and
maybe even help a bit with the implementation (like for example porting
Screen to QScrollView).

is as close as I can get.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)