Christian> The problem mainly seems to lie with the UI: - John didn't
Christian> like adding menu alternatives for this because it would
Christian> clutter the menus. (i.e. one alternative for "Open all
Christian> floats", one for "Close all floats") - JMarc suggested a
Christian> toggle-function for "insets similar to this point" (this
Christian> sounds pretty good to me actually)

I think that for a great part the problem is that nobody took the time
to do it. I guess that it should be much easier now that we have
proper iterators.