Lars> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes: |
Lars> So it seems that my brilliant idea was a bit lousy. I do not see
Lars> what | Qt machinery could help us, except perhaps
Lars> QApplication::postEvent. We | could setup an eventFilter for the
Lars> application that fileters user | input events and posts them for
Lars> later.

Lars> | I am not even sure it would work, but it is similar to the
Lars> idea of | queueing key events for later use.

Lars> Then I think a queueing solution with coalescing of events is
Lars> nicer.

Lars> Then we just need a timer that kicks in some 10-20 times a
Lars> second to check the queue and do the real work.

Did you try to look at what posteven does? It maintains a queue of
'delayed' events, that it will fire at the next call to processEvents.
It handles event coalescing too. This part of the qt source is quite
easy to follow, actually. This seems a bit simpler to me that your
timer-based approach.