Paul A. Rubin wrote:

In the "Software summary" dialog, where it lists the paths it will set as defaults, it runs the paths for Acrobat and Python together. This appears to be just cosmetic (a missed newline).

Thanks for the feedback.

After installation, acrord32 is listed as the viewer for all PDF file types. However, the "path prefix" entry in Edit | Preferences | Paths is a bit odd. What I see is:

C:\Program Files\LyX\bin;C:\PROGRA~1\Python23;C:\TeX\MiKTeX\miktex\bin;C:\gs\gs8.13\bin;C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.0.3-Q16;C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader;F:\LyXTest\bin;F:\miktex\miktex\bin;f:\freeware\ghostscript\gs\gs8.51\bin;F:\Freeware\ImageMagic
> The first half (through Acrobat Reader) are fine, but I don't have an > F: drive on my laptop (I take it you do?), so they are all wrong.

Oh seems that I compiled the path_prefix.dll in a wrong way. I'll check this. But good to know that the pdf stuff works for you too.

I loaded a document containing JPG images and exported it successfully to DVI, from which I infer that ImageMagick is being found (on my C: drive), the errant path prefix notwithstanding. "Successful" here means that yap could view the entire file, including the images. However, when I try to View | DVI, something goes wrong. LyX runs yap, which loads the DVI file and displays the first page; but when I try to scroll to the second page (where the first graphic appears), I get an MSVC++ runtime error saying that yap asked to terminate "in an unusual way".

Such an error could appear with older Yap versions, but:

I looked in the temporary buffer directory. The .tex file refers to images as "C:/.../obnoxiously_long_filename".eps (note that the extension is .eps and that it is outside the quotation marks

seems to be the problem. It could be a problem of the wrong paths. I'll check this.

thanks and regards Uwe