Am 25.02.2016 um 16:45 schrieb Yellin, Gary:

I am trying to determine if Lyx has a VPAT on file identifying an issues which
relate the US federal guidelines regarding 508 compliance, which is having
software be accessible by people with disabilities (e.g.; visual impairments).

Hello Gary,

no, LyX doesn't provide such files. We are an Open Source project and therefore everyone can evaluate us without problems by testing our free program and by looking into our source code. We are also an international project and can therefore not fulfill all recommendations of a certain governments. However, I see that the VPAT is just a form with information about software:
http://www.state.gov/m/irm/impact/126343.htm

You can fill out this form if you like. Personally, to me the form is not very useful since it is not clear what to write in and in which form. What should be a level of support and how could this be classified? For me the question is what is the benefit of this form? I mean I can fill in many things but what does this help and why is this important to have such a form?

regards Uwe