>> Stefano Ghirlanda writes:

  SG> Hi Jean-Marc,
  >> Well, I guess we have had already enough problems from ``not
  >> fully open source'' toolkits...
  >>
  >> JMarc

  SG> :-) nice point! However, the source code for JX is available,
  SG> and patches can be distributed by anyone as separate packages.
  SG> Restrictions are only made when it comes to commercial
  SG> applications, where an agreement with the author is required. It
  SG> is very different from xforms.

Not very. For the users JX is more restricive than xforms in that it
is not usable for commercial use.

As I read the license academics can also not use JX in their work
because they are aither commercial or government.

But, of course, if some one wants to provide a JX port of LyX 1.1. it
will be welcomed.

        Lgb