I took your advice, and I got it to work.  Thanks.

I get the following error 2 times with IEEEtran when I try to print or
view anything, even an empty document:

! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.

It then shows some other junk.

I checked the exported latex file, and it does have a begin section.
ANy ideas as to what is going wrong?

Thanks
Matt

P.S.   I must thank everyone involved with LyX.  The other night I
needed to get some foils done.  I tried powerpoint, but I couldn't open
anything due to a Word macro virus.  I gave up around 11 PM, and tried
LyX  With LyX, FoilTeX and XFig, I had everything done by 2AM.