Matthew> I took your advice, and I got it to work.  Thanks.  I get the
Matthew> following error 2 times with IEEEtran when I try to print or
Matthew> view anything, even an empty document:

Matthew> ! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.

Matthew> It then shows some other junk.

Matthew> I checked the exported latex file, and it does have a begin
Matthew> section.  ANy ideas as to what is going wrong?

Could you send an example latex document generated by LyX that gives
this error? I do not have IEEEtran installed here, so it is difficult
to say what is wrong.

JMarc