I've just started with LyX from level ground zero.  I'have currently
installed version 0.12.0 and just about to download version 1.0.

I have no previous knowledge of LaTex whatsoever, let alone TeX, but I'd
very much to start learning (still going through the Tutorial and User's
Guide).  I've read many people use LyX for every day
documents, letters, ... whereas they use LaTeX from ascii input for heavier,
perhaps personalized documents (others even TeX).

The problem I'm finding right now is when I make a .lyx document and then
choose to view it as .dvi or .ps.  I can't see the entire document, parts of
them just don't show up (in .dvi nor in .ps).  That's mainly happening with
a page set with numbered sections and subsections;  I can see up until part
of a numbered line.  Then go to the next page and the text starts somewhere
in the middle.  Any idea why this may be occuring?

TIA

Horacio