On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Chris Schulbert wrote:

> BUT: If your (-2ex-vertical skip) list reaches the end of the page AND
> you've got some footnotes on that page, they will crash somewhat with the
> list-text. Maybe this is a bug? Don't know, if its a LyX or LateX-Problem.

You mean, the footnotes and the list text will be overwritten by each
other? I have same problem with long wide equations and equation
numbers: a wide equation will be written over the equation number at the
right edge of paper. Any solutions to this one?

I have seen some books (which seem to be typesetted with TeX, eg. Digital
Speech Coding by Kondoz), and in them the equation number in these cases
is moved slightly downward so that it doesn't go over the equation. Now,
1) Can I do this in LyX automatically (how?)
2) If not, how can I do it manually?