Hi,

I have problems with RCS/CVS support. In order to be able to
read my data from Windows, I store all my working documents (and
appropriate PS/PDF outputs) on vfat partitions. However, I have
problems with that:

- I am not able to persuade RCS by any RCSINIT which I was able
to develop to work on vfat drive; it always crashes on unability
to create filename with ,v in the end; I tried empty -x but with
no success; I would prefer (if able to use it), as I needn't
anything more complicated, than what RCS offers,

- OK, RCS doesn't work, so I tried CVS; it use seems to me to be
more complicated (for example, I was not able to get one file
(*.lyx) from many in directory under CVS control, by other means
than by removing whole directory to some fake name while letting
*.lyx file in the old directory, getting it into CVS and then
compiling all other files back); other point is that because on
vfat (see following one line from /etc/fstab), CVS shout some
error messages about unability to change ownership rights and
owner/group of the file. However, despite all these errors,
everything finishes well.

/dev/hda6       /mnt/efko       vfat    \
noexec,nodev,nosuid,rw,gid=100,umask=0,\
codepage=852,iocharset=iso8859-2\
0 0

Because of these error-messages, LyX refuses to work with CVS,
so I have to use CVS only from command-line or emacs.

Is there anybody able to give some advice, please?

        Thank you

                        Matej