> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 12:34 PM, Bob Alvarez <reward...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have Lyx 2.1.3 on a Windows 7 computer. Since I upgraded to 2.1.3, Lyx
has been very slow to open. I have a flash drive connected to the
computer and I noticed that the activity light starts flashing when I
try to open Lyx and then after it stops,  I see the Lyx window.

Is Lyx scanning my disks when it opens?

How can I stop it from doing this?

Any other ideas on the cause of slow opening?

Hi Bob,

Does this happen every time when you open LyX? LyX does something
special (it runs configure.py) when it is opened for the first time,
so it will help to figure out if the problem is in that script.

What LyX version did you have before you upgraded? Did you also use
that version on the same machine, with Windows 7 and the flash drive?

Where is your flash drive mounted? Meaning, how do you access a disk
that is in there? e.g. E:\ ?

Please respond to the list (lyx-users@lists.lyx.org), not to me personally.

Best,

Scott

Hi Scott

1. I usually turn my computer off at night. I see the disk scanning when
I first start Lyx after the computer has been off. After the first
opening, I do not see the scanning if I close Lyx and then re-open it

2. The flash drive is I:\ but I am not opening a Lyx file on that drive
when I see the scanning. For what it's worth, the Lyx files are usually
on the L:\ drive.

3. IIRC my previous version was 2.0.6 and it was installed on the same
computer with the same drive configuration i.e. I:\ flash and most files
on L:\

Bob