On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 08:03:00AM +0200, Stephan Witt wrote:
> Am 10.07.2015 um 07:54 schrieb Bob Alvarez <reward...@gmail.com>:
>
> > On 7/9/15 3:27 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> >
> >> Can you please go to Help > About LyX and copy/paste the information? I
> >> am particularly interested in the "Library directory" and "User
> >> directory".
> >>

> > LyX Version 2.1.3
> > (Friday, February 06, 2015)
> >
> > Library directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\LyX 2.1\Resources\
> > User directory: ~\AppData\Roaming\LyX2.1\
> >
> > --------------------------------------
> >
> > Scott
> >
> > See the information above. I do not know how the program uses the user
> > directory but AFAIK Windows does not define the ~ symbol as the home
> > directory. I tried to use it on the Windows command line program cmd.exe
> > and it did not recognize it.
> >
> > C:\Users\bob>cd ~
> > The system cannot find the path specified.
>
> LyX does the substitution of ~ with the home directory itself at runtime.

You could search all drives for the folder "LyX2.1".

The only other idea is that maybe Qt (a GUI toolkit that LyX uses) is
caching something on your flash drive. Again, I have no idea on Windows
how find this out. 'strace' would be what I would use on Linux.

Please keep us updated on this if you figure out the mystery.

Best,

Scott