On 2015-07-11, Richard Opheim wrote:

> [-- Type: text/plain, Encoding: quoted-printable --]

> One more thing I forgot to mention:

> "\usepackage{xeCJK}
>  \setCJKmainfont{MS PMincho}"

> and "Always Babel" in "language package." I didn't test all of the
> alternatives, but "default" definitely didn't work.

Strange. Generally, using polyglossia is recommended with "non-TeX fonts".
What was the problem? What did the log tell?

>>> It would be interesting to find out where... maybe this works with Chinese
>>> or Korean, if these languages are supported by polyglossia or some extra
>>> package is required.

>> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/203078/two-fonts-for-two-languages-using-lyx
>> This information however didn't lead me to success.

Well, that tells it: the example was about hebrew and devanagari: both
languages are supported by polyglossia, japanese is not.
Therefore, the "polyglossia-approach" proposed there does not work in your
case.

However, the *.tex example that comes first demonstrates one more option to
define two (or more) fonts in one document with auto-switching: the
"ucharclasses" package. http://www.ctan.org/pkg/ucharclasses

  The package takes care of switching fonts when you switch from one
  Unicode block to another in the text of a document. This way, you
  can write a document with no explicit font selection, but a
  series of rules of the form “when entering block …, switch font to
  use …”.

Günter