Hello everyone.

I have been using LyX as my LaTeX editor of choice for quite some time now, and I have found it to be quite helpful. I have also managed to set up spell checking for both the languages that I am interested in, English and Greek. However, the way that I currently toggle between those languages is quite inconvenient. That is, I use Alt + Shift to toggle between languages (as I usually do), which achieves the transition from one language to another. However, that's not enough to get LyX to toggle to the latter language. LyX keeps spell-checking using the former language. I have to use a second keyboard shortcut to get LyX to switch languages, as far as spell-checking goes. For example, I have to use 2 keyboard shortcuts in order to go from writing English characters with English spell-checking to writing Greek characters with Greek spell-checking, and vice versa. Obviously, those are one too many shortcuts.

So, my question is: can LyX be configured so that toggling between languages is made by one keyboard shortcut, or maybe so that LyX senses the keyboard layout (GR or US) in use and spell-checks appropriately?

This is an issue that has been bothering me for quite some time, and any help would be very much appreciated.

I believe it's irrelevant, but right now I am working on a Linux Mint system. However, I have faced the same issue in windows.

I have already posted the same question on the latex forums, on the LyX section, but after that realized that LyX has a mailing list, so I figured I would try my luck here as well.

Cheers.