Am 01.07.2016 um 15:51 schrieb Charlie <ariest...@ipstarmail.com.au>:

> On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 11:13:38 +0200 Stephan mentioned this:
>       Re: remove word from personal dictionary.....
>
>> There is no dialogue. It’s a right-button-click popup-menu.
>> See attached snapshot…
>>
>>> But accept or reject change isn't what I want. I would like
>>> "keep added word in dictionary" or "remove added word in
>>> dictionary" or something to that effect?
>>>
>>> I want to remove a word I placed into the dictionary a couple of
>>> hours ago.
>>>
>>> I went to /usr/share/hunspell/ to the dictionaries there, but that
>>> appears to be the list of words used, not the added words. I looked
>>> for the word I misspelled and added by accident, but it wasn't
>>> there.
>>>
>>> I don't know where my "added to dictionary" words go? That would be
>>> a help to know. I could then go in and edit the file.
>>
>> It depends on the spell checker you’ve used.
>> For hunspell and aspell it’s a file named pwl_english.dict or similar
>> in the directory $HOME/.lyx
>>

>>> So when I read about the way to remove a word from the dictionary, I
>>> thought I would give it a larrup.
>>>
>>> So far no luck.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your reply. I won't send a simple file with one word.
>>
>> Why not? Sometimes the concrete word matters. :)
>
>  From my keyboard:
>
>   Hello Stephan,
>
>      Here you have the screenshot. Did I say I was using Debian
>      Jessie (testing)?

No.

> Which of those commands in the drop down menu allow me to delete a word
> word that I used several reboots ago in my added word list. It's sort
> of my last hope. [see below] But I can live without getting that word
> removed.
>
> I did that before by the way. Checked the drop down menu, but didn't see
> which entry to try as explained in my email.

Obviously the description for personal dictionary management with LyX you’ve
read in the LaTeX-forum is wrong for the Enchant spell checker.

> There is no .dict in the whole of my /home directory.
>
> My spellchecker is Enchant.

The enchant spell checker is another layer between LyX and the real function.
LyX calls enchant functions. Enchant is doing what is configured there.
Either myspell, ispell or something else.

See e.g. here: http://linux.die.net/man/1/enchant

According to this manual you may have a look in your home directory in .enchant

Stephan